Kingdom Hearts: Destiny of Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello World!

2 posters

Go down

Hello World! Empty Hello World!

Post by Jax Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:20 pm

There was a flash and a terrible rush of noise, and then everything was silent.

Nothing.

Then darkness.

Rebooting...

As CASAPP began to reinitialize, his senses were flooded with information. Was this it? Had he truly done it? It couldn't be, after all. These things only happened in the stories and legends. But then, many things had happened that never should have. Many things he could not explain. He needed answers. He needed to know. That led him to take a chance and make a leap of faith. That had led him here. The World of the Users.

When his vision activated, he was greeted by a mass of colored circuitry. It seemed like millions of points of circuitry spread out before him, implanted into a deep black wall. Then CASAPP noticed that he was lying down. Was this what the top of the world looked like for the Users? It was... Exhilarating.

His hands felt something cool and soft between his fingers. It was like he was laying on some soft, cool bed. It was deeply relaxing. Part of him felt he could lay here for a while, but he knew he couldn't afford to waste time. He had been giving this incredible opportunity and he could not waste it. He sat up and felt that his hood had fallen away from his head. Pulling it back up, his color circuitry reactivated, washing the surrounding grass in a cool, white light. Looking around, CASAPP took in the lush park, filled with ornate fountains and old, elegant trees. They had parks in The Grid but none were so... warm.

"Astounding..." CASAPP whispered to himself. This truly must the land of the Users. He really was here. For a moment, he hoped he might see Flynn again.
Jax
Jax

Back to top Go down

Hello World! Empty Re: Hello World!

Post by FoxFireAlchemist Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:42 pm

Neona was sitting in a patch of grass on the side of the road, mostly ignored by the passing citizens as she played simple tricks with her magic cards. Through her fingers, into her sleeve, out of her boot... Simple stuff, really. All to amuse herself, as she had completely forgotten why she had come to this town. Forgotten why she had needed to come to her birth world. Maybe she had come for tea? Radiant Garden had lovely tea.

Suddenly, a blip in her peripheral vision. Her head whirled around to find the...... weirdest display she had ever seen. Something.... materialized? Like cubes? A guy she guessed, wearing some kind of computer-y outfit. Something like something she had seen before... But her memory was fuzzy. She got up and went over to the park, holding some distance as they adjusted themselves. She cautiously inched closer to the stranger. She coughed quietly, a hopeful substitute for words.
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by Jax Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:56 pm

A noise. He turned to find himself face to face with one of them. A User... She seemed cautious. Could it be that she was afraid of him? Did she not know what he was? She seemed to be old enough. Not as old as Flynn, but not one of their smaller models either. Her hair was bright and vibrant. Her eyes seemed to shine like circuitry.

Perhaps she was waiting for him to perform a greeting? He did not remember much of the User's social customs. He had very few protocols in place for social interaction with the Users. He only remembered what he had learned from Flynn, and that was scant.

CASAPP raised his palm, as to wave. "Greetings, User." His voice sounded slightly distorted, an unfortunate result of his long imprisonment. "I am CASAPP, Centralized Autonomous Security And Protectionary Program. I come from The Grid. I gather it is customary to ask your designation and offer an initiatory 'fist-bump'." He curled his hand into a fist and left it for the User to accept.
Jax
Jax

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxFireAlchemist Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:22 pm

Neona relieved when her cough worked out, catching his attention and directing him to her presence. He observed her for a moment, and she observed him back. She crossed her arms behind her head and cocked her head thoughtfully, still sorting through fuzzy memories to try and pinpoint where she had seen this style of clothing before...

"User?" Who was "User?" She looked around, but there was no one else around... Was it her? Was she "User?" She just accepted it as something they did. She did manage to catch on to him telling where he was from however, which ended up being...... the Grid! Ah, finally, something familiar! She had heard of it in the sleeping worlds. She was about to answer him, but he extended his fist for a..... fist bump? She reciprocated... but she hadn't seen anyone greet anyone like this right off the bat. She vaguely remembered Tyler doing it once in a sarcastic manner.

"So, you're a computer... thing? Also, what is 'designation?'" she signed, cocking her head slightly.
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by Jax Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:34 pm

Error.

CASAPP could not tell if the "fist-bump" had been accepted or rejected as the User immediately followed his initiatory gesture with a flurry of symbols and gestures which were foriegn to him. Culture and society among the Users must have evolved since Flynn had left The Grid. Now, CASAPP reasoned, the "fist-bump" must have evolved into a much more subtle and complex series of movements. As always, the Users were fascinating.

Unsure how to proceed, CASAPP proceeded to scan his memory banks, searching for any clues as to how to react to this new greeting. Flynn had taught him none of this. There was only one other gesture that CASAPP had learned from Flynn, though he suspected that the movement was a versatile gesture as Flynn had used it in a myriad of circumstances, often accompanied by good feelings: approval, exuberance, laughter. Yes, this must be the key. This would be the fallback. In the face of this new and complex system of User communication, this would be his only gateway to acceptance. This had to work. CASAPP hoped that Flynn would guide him well.

He lifted his hand and presented the User with what they called a "thumbs-up".

"I apologize, User. I am not familiar with your customs. I hope this 'thumbs-up' will be a proper form of reconciliation. It is not my intention to be a 'total square'..."
Jax
Jax

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxFireAlchemist Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:11 pm

Everything the man was saying was strange to Neona... but she sympathized with the fact that, ultimately, he was just trying to be friendly. She felt silly for having tried to communicate through a highly unrecognized tongue when he was clearly unfamiliar with the place he was in. She made a shaking sign with both hands, and then reached into her dress pocket and pulled out a notebook.

"Is this any easier for you to understand? I apologize, but I am mute. I was using sign language to communicate, but I forget that it's not a very common form of communication." She smiled sheepishly and apologetically from behind the book.
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by Jax Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:21 pm

CASAPP read over the note she handed him. He now believed he understood the situation a little better. This poor user had been rendered incapable of speech. Therefore, she had resorted to a complex system of physical communication. How fascinating.

"I apologize, User. I was not aware of your circumstances. I am glad to know that the 'fist-bump' has not become outdated as a form of greeting, however." She seemed like a very nice and agreeable girl. Maybe she could help him.

"Do you live in this place, User? It is very peaceful and serene. I believe the word you may use would be, 'chill'...?"
Jax
Jax

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxFireAlchemist Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:48 pm

This guy's speech was really confusing and strange to Neona, but it never really stuck her as mean or unfriendly. It was just... strange. She hadn't heard anything like it. She wondered... if it was just something about computer people? Maybe it was the way people from the computer talked. He was certainly courteous, despite the weird language quirks.

"Um, well, my name is actually Neona.... are you looking for someone named "User?" Are they here in Radient Garden?" she asked. He asked her if she lived here, so she retracted her notebook.

"I used to live here.... well, I grew up here. I only visit now." she wrote. She made a chuckling motion at the way he choose to describe the town. "Yes, it does get some nice breezes. I can certainly help you with whatever you need though~"
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by Jax Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:54 am

Someone named User? This was unexpected. Was this girl unfamiliar with the Grid? Did she not understand her place as a User? What if she did not even know Flynn? CASAPP had to take a moment to process this. He had never considered the possibility. The User's World really was much more complex than he had imagined.

If not as a User, how should he classify her? That was something he would have to ask. Still, Neona was a perfectly good thing to go by. It sounded like something he might hear on The Grid. It made him feel a little more at home. After all, in the end were Users really so much different than programs. They had been made in the image of the Users. Perhaps it would not be so difficult to interface with them after all. This gave CASAPP hope and filled his circuits with courage.

"Neona... That is a very good name, User. And no, User is not a designation, but rather a classification. You are a User, User. You... I'm sorry. I am having trouble finding an adequate explanation. You... A User is one who uses. A creator on The Grid. You created programs on The Grid. Designed it all. Well, perhaps not you in particular, but people like you. Like Kevin Flynn.

"I hope I am making sense, Neona."

Neona offered her help. Perhaps she knew something of the weapon. Maybe she could tell him where it came from. She was a User, after all.

"Please, do not be alarmed, Neona. I am going to remove my Identity Disk now. I have no intention to harm you. You offer your help, perhaps you can answer a question for me."

He detached the disk from the small of his back and grasped it firmly, holding it out before him. It glowed with the same white light as his circuitry. He still had not become completely used to the change. He sometimes felt out of place in his own body. It was disconcerting.

"Can you tell me what this is?"

He focused his attention on the disk and a warm feeling rushed through his circuits. It was the same rush he felt the last time it had happened. When it had saved him. He had heard Flynn talk of sunlight and the sunrise. He imagined this must have been something like the warmth he spoke of. The disk in his hand was suddenly washed in light. That light coalesced, giving shape to a handle and a frame built from hard light. The frame gave off a cool glow that washed over them. It reminded CASAPP of the lights above for a moment.

At the end was his Disk, locked into place. The weight was still unfamiliar to the program and he lurched forward at first, trying to keep his balance. Once he had the weapon firmly in his grasp, he held it out to Neona.

"Please, examine it, User. I have never seen anything like it before and have no data on any of its like. I hope you might have more information. If anyone would know, it would be a User like you, Neona."

Jax
Jax

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxFireAlchemist Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:50 am

"Thank you! I like your name too," Neona wrote, but she realized she had no idea how to spell the name he had said earlier. "...Um, is it alright if I just write Caz? I'm not entirely sure how to write your full name. It's a really nice name though!" she smiled sheepishly. "I see, a classification...," her brows suddenly furrowed, "but, wait... I don't want to "use" you! You're a nice friend! That wouldn't be very nice of me..." She showed him the notebook before continuing. "But... I think I get your meaning... maybe? Is it the difference between being from a computer and not being from the computer?"

Neona was not nearly alarmed by the appearance of an identity disk, because she had no idea what it was. Upon seeing it, she did have to admit that it was a bit intimidating. It was also very, very cool. "I'm not sure what that is, but I'm not worried! I trust you." she wrote, "And I'd certainly be happy to answer a question!" She showed him the notebook again with a smile.

Suddenly, the disk began to glow, and Neona was slightly shocked when it turned into what seemed to be a keyblade!!! And a light keyblade at that, what a coincidence?! She was shocked, and then giddy. She made excited motions with her hands, signalling him to wait a moment, as she set down her notebook and extended her hand. Soft rays of light began to manifest in her hand, until her keyblade appeared fully. She held it surprisingly well for the frail twig that she was.

She picked up the notebook again and eagerly scribbled, "You have a Keyblade! I have one too! It's a weapon, but also a manifestation of your heart!" She was almost bouncing with excitement as she showed it to him.
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by Jax Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:36 am

CASAPP liked this User very much. She was kind and even though she seemed very ignorant about The Grid and programs, she reminded him of Flynn. It was something in her eyes. That same spark. Like circuitry. Something that he couldn't completely put his finger on.

She showed him the notepad again and it confused him. CAZ? That was not his designation. What would CAZ even stand for? Central Automated... He couldn't think of anything. Still, if Neona wanted to call him that, then he would not stop her. "That secondary name seems agreeable to me, Neona."

Then Neona surprised him even further. She suddenly produced a similar weapon and this one from nothing! He leaned in and stared at the weapon. Was it a construct? What was it made from? Where had it come from? So many questions.

"That is very 'rad'," was the only thing CASAPP thought was appropriate to say. Though something confused him. 'You say this is a manifestation of my 'heart'? My apologies User, but I am not sure what you mean. I am not an expert on User anatomy, but I do not believe programs have 'hearts' as you do. Perhaps there is some mistake and I am not supposed to have this?"

He offered her the Keyblade.

"Perhaps you should take it, Neona?"
Jax
Jax

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxFireAlchemist Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:40 pm

Secondary name? She.... she hadn't meant to re-name him, but if he liked it, then.... she guessed it was okay! Besides, he didn't have to use it if he didn't want to! She smiled warmly at their little agreement. Neona walked back towards the man, observing this difference in their keyblades with deep interest. She gave a curt, gentle nod and smiled at his compliment.

His words made her chest bounce gently with soundless laughter. She set the keyblade down so that she could write. "No, silly! Not an 'actual' heart, it's....... not like that! It's more like.... what makes you 'you.' What makes you unique! Your personality and emotions and such."

"I couldn't take it from you even if I wanted to. It's yours! It will always return to you." She motioned with her hand to wait, and then left her own keyblade with him and walked a good distance away. She put out her hand, and with a flash of light the keyblade reappeared in her hand. She walked back up and took her notebook back out. "See? It's always going to be yours, you were chosen for a reason. Something that personal you can't just go away! ^^"
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by Jax Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:57 pm

CASAPP was confused. He tilted his head as the "keyblade" vanished from his hand and reappeared in her's. By the laws of this world's physics, he was at least 98% certain that such a thing should be completely impossible. The Users may have invented some sort of new technology, but he couldn't be sure. Even if that was the case, it still made no sense as to why he would be rewarded such a gift. He certainly had done nothing to gain such a tool, nor had he asked for any such thing.

Whoever had given him such a weapon was either very generous or had been robbed completely of their reason.

He still did not understand this "heart". The thing that made "you 'you' ".

"I am sorry, Neona, but you must be mistaken. Programs do not have 'personalities' as it were. At least, not as you Users display. I am merely a product of my coding. Here, allow me to show you." He immediately pulled up his code and launched the display. A holographic display shone out of his hand and hovered before his face. Countless numbers and symbols shimmered away on the screen, going on and on and on.

Yet... To CASAPP, his own coding seemed different than normal. Something had changed, he could tell that just from glancing. It was like something changing about the back of your hand. He couldn't tell exactly what though.

Regardless, that had nothing to do with the point he was making. "You see, Neona? I'm afraid I'm actually quite simple, really..."
Jax
Jax

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxFireAlchemist Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:38 pm

Neona stared at the sudden appearance of sequences upon sequences of numbers and letters and whatever else as if it had just dropped out of outer space wrapped in tin foil. She couldn't comprehend a lick of what she was looking at, not at all.... and he called this "simple"?!?! This was hardly "simple." She looked up at him with a small pout.

"I dunno.... this all looks really complex to me." she wrote. "And I mean.... maybe you've just got something extra? Or maybe all of this.... counts? It seems like a lot went into making.... your program, so that would count for something, I'd think." She paused a moment, squinting her eyes and putting a finger to her chin as she started to think. They opened up with excitement, she had an idea!

"Here, hold on!!!" she wrote before dashing over and grabbing two different flowers of different colors, one a soft lilac and the other a bright yellow. She placed them on her notebook page and ran back over, offering them to him.

"Which one do you like better?" she wrote with a smile.
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by Jax Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:02 am

CASAPP wasn't quite sure what Neona meant, but he was sure she had the best intentions at heart. She was a very sweet User like that. She just wanted to make him feel better. That was admirable. He was sure that must be why she had a "heart". It must be full of niceness. How wonderful a thing this "heart" must be. Surely her's was beautiful.

She ran off for a moment. She seemed excited. Such wonderful energy. It warmed his servos. Her short absence gave him time to think. Could he really have a "heart"? He knew that he had not been programmed with one. At least, he was not aware if he had been, and CASAPP was almost certain that he understood all his programing. Still, Flynn was capable of many miracles... Had he actually given him a heart...? He felt... He felt he understood what Neona meant, but he was not sure if he... Felt what she meant...

That made no sense. But perhaps it did not have to.

The girl rushed back up to him and suddenly pushed the book back into his face. When his eyes beheld the soft shapes, he produced something resembling a gasp. His circuitry flashed and shimmered and he reached out to take the two beauties, but hesitated, his hand lingering in the air. He looked up at Neona almost sheepishly. Was he allowed to touch?

He saw nothing that said no.

Gently, he picked up the two marvels and held them closer. His circuits shimmered and again and he made a noise that resembled an "Oooooooo...." His awe was child-like and innocent. He felt himself shiver. His fingers gently stroked the petals. They were soft and fragile. It made him want to cradle them gently. This was something to be protected. Something precious. Was the User's world truely filled with such treasures? They were marvelous. Beautiful... CASAPP could not find the words to express...

He marveled at them a long while. He tried to make a decision. He tried to parse out all the reasons one might be superior, in size, shape, symmetry, color... But, there was something in them that he could not qualify. Something that gave him pause. Something that caused his lights to glitter and sparkle. Something that stirred in him... A feeling like when...

He looked back up at Neona.

"I am sorry Neona, but I cannot choose... They are both... 'Special.' " He did not want to disappoint her, but he couldn't lie to her. She was counting on him to be truthful.

"Might... Might I keep these, Neona?" He shimmered again.
Jax
Jax

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum