Kingdom Hearts: Destiny of Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Promise and The Threat.

2 posters

Go down

The Promise and The Threat. Empty The Promise and The Threat.

Post by thekyle96 Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:25 pm

Stephen walked around a small market that was crawling with people. He was dressed in his normal black jeans and he was wearing a white shirt with a black double layered zip-up on, yet he stood out due to what everyone else wore. People seemed to ignore him though. Stephen pulled out the map and looked at it real quick, then looked around. Damn it, the island must block me from dark porting there. He thought to himself. He folded the map up and put it away. "Aye boy, what was that scrap of paper ye had?" A drunken man slunk up to him. A tick set in Stephen's jaw. He knew that there were pirates and bandits here, and yet he had been stupid and careless about pulling out a map. "Just a bill old man, nothing that should hold your interest." He lied through his teeth. "Bit big for a, uh, bill don'tcha think?" The man's breath was reeking with alcohol. "Not everything is what it seems; You should also back up a bit before you start something that'll have to finish." Stephen spoke in a low growl. Stephen had been a master of intimidation, and he knew it.

(Flashback time! yay )

Stephen and Jacob made their daily commutes to and from school every day, bringing their bags and sports gear with them. They were about twelve years old, but they had each other's backs no matter what. One day on their way home after a long harsh practice they decided to take a short cut back to Jacob's for a quick bite. They were about half way there when a small group of kids from a rival school blocked their path, then proceeded to drag them into an alley. it took three kids to pin down Stephen, due to Stephen's unruly temper and four to pin down Jacob, due to his size and Strength. The two of them alone could take seven out of the nine of them, but yet Jacob stayed calm. The two kids that were left riffled through their stuff, breaking something stupid, or ripping out textbook papers. Stephen didn't care too much about school, yet every single thing they did pissed him off. The kids finally got to their sports gear. Together they broke Stephen's Shoulder pads, and dented the rimming of his helmet. They simply tossed the other stuff aside. They pulled out Jacob's Shoulder pads, which were custom made due to the fact that Jacob was about the size of a fifteen year old football star. That would have taken him out of the game for sure. Stephen got one arm free and knocked a kid right off of him. He sent a well placed kick into the other, and the third just simply backed off. Stephen charged at one of the kids as the others just stared. He sent the kid to the ground, then lifted the other off his feet, then into the wall, making him drop their gear. Anyone that could have run, ran like bats out of hell. Jacob and Stephen walked out of the alley with nothing more then a few bruises and Stephen had broken gear, but his could be swapped for another his size. After that day, no one had tried to go toe to toe with him or Jacob again.

The man didn't back down. "Give me what ye got, and just walk away." Stephen looked at him with a seething anger. "I will protect what's mine, no matter what." Stephen was about to strike, but he could feel a something coming, but he didn't know what exactly, but he had felt it before.
thekyle96
thekyle96
Admin

https://khddrp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The Promise and The Threat. Empty Re: The Promise and The Threat.

Post by FoxFireAlchemist Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:31 am

Neona nervously scuffled her way through the shady port market with her hood pulled over her head. Her own brightly-colored clothing stood out amongst the relatively dreary scenery, so she was trying to hurry to the spot where she was to meet Stephen in hopes that they would be leaving rather quickly. More likely than not, she could handle an encounter or two, but it was still a scary thought an a situation that Neona really didn't want to get herself into. She practically tiptoed around the people going around doing their buisness. A good number of them were very obviously drunk and some were even extremely incoherent. Neona wasn't incredibly comfortable around such unpredictable people.

As she walked, Neona tried to keep her head down for the most part. She did, however, peek up occasionally in order to try and seek out her companion. She finally caught a glimpse of him in a less crowded area and started to run to him in relief, only to find herself approaching some form of confrontation between Stephen and a pirate. Stephen was looking particularly pissed, but not without reason. The rude man confronting him just wouldn't lay off. Neona felt a bit intimidated, but backing Stephen up topped her nervousness on her list of first priorities. Cautiously, she approached the situation and stepped into the view of both parties.

"Excuse me sir," Neona signed (she always relied on signing before writing, as per force of habit) as she tapped the man on the shoulder, "It's incredibly rude to invade people's space like you are; you're just asking to be beaten. Don't you think you should politely back off instead of intruding?" Neona was conscious of the man's inebriated state and readied herself in her mind for conflict on case her reasoning with him failed.
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by thekyle96 Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:19 pm

The Pirate waved off Neona like she was nothing. Stephen glanced over his shoulder and saw Neona. well shit, now I don't want to get into a fight right in front of her. Stephen thought as he smiled a bit when he saw her. He turned right back to the man and scowled. "Listen, you might want to back off before you see what I can do." The pirate took a step back and lowered one hand to his side. "Aye, but why don't ye see what I can do?" Without hesitation Stephen shot an arch of lightning at the pirate, then put him to the ground. Some people stopped to group around them, others walked past in disgust. Stephen grabbed the Flintlock pistol from the man's side and slid it away from them. "I'm half tempted to kill you for almost drawing a gun on me, but because I'm feeling relatively happy you get to live." Stephen sneered as he got off of him and pushed his way to Neona. "Sorry about that. He saw the map and I didn't want someone like him to follow us." Stephen kept his voice low so that only she could hear. "There's a boat over there we can use to get where we need to." He pointed over to a wooden ship with a red and blue flag on it. The sails were white, and no one was on board.
thekyle96
thekyle96
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxFireAlchemist Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:50 pm

Neona frowned at the pirate unhappily. How rude of him! She was used to being treated poorly, but  this man's blatent refusal to even acknowledge her presence managed to even get her a little hot under the collar. The frustration was clear on her face. She was even madder at the guy for confronting Stephen so violently when Stephen hadn't even done anything to him- and then Stephen blasted the guy with lightning and pinned him to the ground.

Neona was a little bit worried about Stephen's sudden burst of violence, but secretly she also felt a little validated. The inebriated pirate really had been asking for a punch.

Neona did her best to meet Stephen halfway as he came to meet her. She prepared to greet him by pulling out her notebook and pen. She had been sure to stock up before the journey began. "I see..." she wrote, "Are you alright?" Thankfully, Neona's voice wasn't exactly the kind you could really hear from far away (because it was non-existent), but she was sure to be stealthy in showing him her notebook.

"That boat?" she wrote. "Can do!" she finished with a secretive nod as she began to make her way over to the docks.

(Sorry it's taking so long, still getting settled in to college X'D)
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by thekyle96 Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:04 pm

Stephen nodded, "I'm all good." He replied to Neona, "We should get on and hurry up. I'm not sure if anyone is going to try and follow or not." He replied quickly and headed off to the boat. He sat down on the post, which the boat was tied to and he hastily untied the rope. Tossing the rope off to the side he glanced around quickly. "We should be good." He kept his voice low as he boarded the ship. The boat was in great shape, clean as well.
(Oh my, it's been a while.)
thekyle96
thekyle96
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxFireAlchemist Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:39 am

Neona looked at the rather intimidating construction bobbing up and down on the water's surface. She couldn't recall ever being on boat, now that she was staring one in the face. It was... exciting really, but she was also a bit intimidating. How did so much wood float on the water so well....?

Stephen tossed the rope off and called for her. She boarded shakely, immediately noticing the motion in her legs. "Ahhh...  this takes some getting used to huh...?" she signed, shakily. Her equilibrium was clearly off, and she stumbled with every step.

Last edited by FoxFireAlchemist on Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by thekyle96 Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:14 pm

Stephen stared at Neona for a second trying to figure out he signing. "Uhh yeah we should be fine in a bit." He replied with a comforting smile as he grabbed onto her arm so she could use him for balance as the ship started to drift from the dock. "I'm not sure how long it's going to take to get there, but we should still be careful." Stephen noted. Stephen steered the boat out of the harbor and towards their destination.
thekyle96
thekyle96
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxFireAlchemist Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:32 pm

Neona smiled at Stephen and gripped is arm, grateful for his insightful action. The feeling was so strange, with the surface under her feet prone to the surface of the waves. Her steps were mostly wobbly stumbles at first, but with time and some determination she got herself aqquainted with sea legs. She was eventually confident enough to get around on her own, begrudgingly releasing Stephen's arm. She hung close to him, but wandered a bit around the deck as they departed, observing what would be their lodgings for a while.

After a bit of thorough exploration, she returned to Stephen at the helm, pulling out her notebook. "I didn't know you knew how to sail; that's really cool!" she wrote, showing it to him. "When did you learn? Is it something you picked up from living on the ocean?"
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by thekyle96 Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:50 pm

"Well I learned how to sail from my father back on the islands." Stephen tried not to brag, since it wasn't in his nature. After a short silence the boat had sailed on, the ocean was pretty calm for right now, nothing too rough. The night sky twinkled with all of the stars. Stephen walked over to Neona and pulled her close to her and he pointed to the stars. "They say that there are prophecies for the Keybladers hidden in the stars," he continued to gaze into the sky, "I've never really tried to look for them since I'm not to big on trying to know or understand what the future holds." Stephen held Neona in some sort of hug. "We should be close to our destination, just keep your eyes peeled in case someone else is here."
thekyle96
thekyle96
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxFireAlchemist Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:00 am

Eeep.

Stephen was hugging her. Out of nowhere. Hadn't seen him. Now he's here.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.

Neona's face flushed over bright red. What do you do in these situations? What do? What do?!?! She stared blankly into the horizon as she scrambled to figure herself out. It was his hand that guided her away from her thoughts and towards the sky. Her eyes filled up with wonder as she admired a sight she had always respected, now holding more wonder and mystery than she had ever regarded them with before. "That's..... that's amazing! You know that's true? How does it work?!?" she scribbled onto a fresh page excitedly. She realized she no longer felt quite so tense, interacting with him in the way they normally did. She leaned back a little bit, getting comfortable. She all but forgot his warning to look out for strangers because chests are comfortable.
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by thekyle96 Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:50 pm

"I've only heard rumors of it. I don't think I can see anything though." Stephen explained to Neona as he felt her start to get comfortable with him. Stephen glanced around quickly so he wouldn't lose track of their location. There was a small island off to the right. "We're close now, that's the place right there." He pointed so Neona could see. A small gust of wind drifted by and Stephen could smell Neona. She smelled like flowers, Honey Suckle to be exact. He hugged her tighter not wanting to let go as he smiled lightly. I'll keep you safe, no matter the cost. He took a deep breath and just held her as long as she would let him.
thekyle96
thekyle96
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxFireAlchemist Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:09 am

"Hmmmm... Maybe we should look into it....?" She wrote, turning her head up to look at him with glistening eyes. He pointed out the island they were headed to. It was a quiet island, peaceful, and blanketed gently in moonlight. She didn't make a single move to separate herself and Stephen; the embrace was more comfortable than anything else she had experienced in her life and his breath tickled in her hair along with the breeze. She just stood there and watched the island grow bigger with him, getting closer and closer still until they made land. And they were still together. Neona didn't move. Maybe they could just stay on the boat instead? Didn't sound like a bad idea to Neona. She just kept standing there for a few more moments, the boat docked in the shallows.
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by thekyle96 Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:51 pm

As the boat started to push onto the shore Stephen looked around slowly. Everything needs to go smoothly, in and out then we go somewhere a little more welcoming. The island was quiet, which was very unsettling for him. Stephen slowly let go of Neona and stood slightly in front of her as he surveyed the island. Lush trees with several vines hanging from long branches. Dark brown sand with almost no shells anywhere to be seen. No crabs or turtles were on the shore. The water wasn't very clear. Damn Destiny Islands makes this place look like a garbage heap. His face turning askew.

Stephen summoned his Keyblade, there was no way he'd go in unprepared. He drew in a long breath and stepped to the rail. Stephen glanced out towards the ocean. Nothing, not even a Seagull. Why isn't there wildlife here? There isn't even a god damn fly! Stephen was getting visibly anxious. Another deep breath. "I'm gonna go ahead a little bit, something is strange and I'd rather have it affect me then have it affect both of us." He kept looking forward. He didn't want to see her worried or scared. He stepped on to the rail and jumped down. It was only a few feet, but he didn't want to deal with the ramp in case something wanted to get on the boat while they weren't on it.

The wet sand sloshed as Stephen landed with Abyssal Ruins at his side. Everything felt normal, which put him even more on edge. Just calm down, find the stone and get out. Just know that if there just so happens to be a giant boulder that stars chasing you, pick the girl up and run. He looked around once more. Nothing. "I think we're good." He shouted up to Neona. He stared into the trees. Nothing. I swear if I keep staring at everything I'm going to go insane.
thekyle96
thekyle96
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxFireAlchemist Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:29 pm

Neona pouted a bit, but she supposed it was time to let go. Air was cold without a warm chest there. She looked out at the island with Stephen and.... well, it looked quite dingy. Could there really be treasure here, she thought? It didn't seem like a very magical or whimsical place... then again, maybe that made it the optimal place to hide something. There was no life, no anything.... it was easy to see why people would pass up this place.

She was flattered that he wanted to go ahead of her, but if there really was something out there he'd need to be healed! And she had the healing spells! She hopped off the boat with him, landing lightly into the sloppy sand. She managed to slog through the wetness in her heals, and made it to his side.

"I'm already here! How would you get healed if there was something here and I hadn't come along? she wrote, smiling. "Should we go forward, are we going into the trees?"
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by thekyle96 Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:32 am

Stephen smiled a bit as he say her by his side. He was glad she cared about him as much as she did. "Well just make sure you stay behind me just in case." He kept reading what Neona had written to him, "Well I'm not exactly sure on where to go but forward should go well." Stephen looked back at her. Neona looked beautiful in the moonlight, she almost took his breath away. Stephen grabbed her hand and smiled "This way we won't lose each other, as long as I have you're hand that is." Stephen began walking toward the trees guiding Neona through.

Stephen stepped past a shrub and entered a clearing. The island still showed no signs of life which was still very odd. There was a small pond in the middle of the clearing with dozens of small rocks surrounding the pond. Stephen slowly inched towards the pond looking around cautiously. He let go of Neona's hand and kicked one of the rocks into the water. The water Shot up from it's position violently, swirling like a vortex. Stephen fell backwards hard as the wind was knocked out of him. The water turned into a thick fog and spread rapidly. Stephen slowly got to his feet and coughed a bit.  "Well... Not... Sure... What... That.. Was..." Stephen rasped as he winced from lack of air. A clicking sound could be heard faintly from somewhere. Oh shit. The clanking of metal. Oh shit. The sound of heavy footsteps. Oh shit.
thekyle96
thekyle96
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxFireAlchemist Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:48 am

Neona squeezed Stephen's hand, hanging on to him like he was the last safe thing on Earth. He couldn't see it with his back turned, but she looked at him with a mix of hope and terror. She really, really hoped he was telling the truth. She didn't want to lose him like she lost Tyler. She didn't want anyone else to die before she did, it wasn't fair. She was the frail one, the weak one; nobody should have to die before her......

She followed Stephen closely, clinging to his hand desperately. She felt off throughout the venture, coming to a peak when they made it to a random pond.

It Really started to strike her as off when the entire pond erupted into a whirling whirlpool, and then steam.

Stephen's hand was wrenched from hers, and she felt the panic bubbling up in her chest. She heard noises. It was all too familiar. They were closing in on Stephen and herself, they had closed in on her and Tyler.

He was going to die.

"God, no; STEPHEN!!!" came a hoarse, whispery cry of desperation. No voice, just whisps of air out of a choked throat.
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by thekyle96 Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:33 pm

Eight Skeletons rose out of the hole where the pond was, their eyes glowing blue. Shit, I can't see! Stephen ground his teeth. He couldn't let them touch Neona, he'd die before he let her get hurt. Stephen stepped forward and swung in a wide arch. Nothing. Damn it. Where are they? A rusty sword poked at Stephen right in the face. With only seconds to react to the sudden appearance of the weapon, Stephen flung himself onto his back.

The skeleton fell on top of Stephen with his sword aimed for his neck. Stephen narrowly pushed the sword to the side with the hilt of Abyssal Ruins as he used his other hand to hold the skeleton up. The sword plunged into the sand, way too close to Stephen's neck. Stephen let go of Abyssal Ruins and grabbed the skeleton by the back of the head and slammed it into the hilt of it's own sword. Stephen pushed the skeleton off of himself and picked Abyssal Ruins back up.

Stephen rolled to the side and got to his feet. "NEONA RUN!" He shouted. A skeleton grabbed his shoulder from behind. Instinctively Stephen grabbed the wrist, spun to the outside of the skeleton and swung his Keyblade into it's back, breaking the skeleton in half.
thekyle96
thekyle96
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxFireAlchemist Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:12 pm

Neona scrambled to get on her feet, slipping around on the fine sand patches in the grass. Her heart throbbed with terror in her chest; her obscured vision made it incredibly hard to effectively get away. She bobbed around haplessly, unable to decide which direction was the best way to get to Stephen. She wasn't going to leave him, no matter what happened. She had to do something....

She heard Stephen screaming, but she didn't so much register that he was telling her to run. She was too busy summoning her keyblade and maneuvering in that direction, which in turn summoned her magical cards. "Come on, come on..... where is it......?!?!" She thought to herself in a panic as she shuffled through the card deck, pulling out three cards and then letting the deck vanish from her hand. She tossed out the cards and they stuck into the ground in a triangle formation.

With a wave of her hand, the cards activated and a tornado ripped forth from the ground, alleviating the mist enough to see shapes. There was still a shroud of mist around, though, implying that there was more mist pouring out from the source. There was enough visibility, however, for her to see Steven receiving a lot of pressure from nearby skeletons. She rushed over and applied a card to her keyblade. Once she was within range, she thrust her keyblade into the air and cast Relflega, bouncing away oncoming skeletons and letting out a spray of light that had a stun effect.

In the quick moment they had to recover, she pulled out her notebook and flipped to an existing page that already had "Are you okay?!" written on it. She looked terribly concerned.
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by thekyle96 Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:04 pm

A small tornado ripped straight towards Stephen. Oh shit. A skeleton approached him, but had seen the incoming tornado. Stephen ran at the skeleton and jumped. He launched himself backwards, kicking the skeleton straight into the tornado. The skeleton was ripped apart, and the mist was being lifted. Stephen got to his feet and saw Neona running to him. He grabbed her and hugged he tight. "I'm glad you're safe." he spoke softly. He could tell she was worried, but it was all better now. Well almost. There were still five skeletons, they were all laying on the ground from the Reflect spell Neona had used. Stephen let go of Neona as stood in front of her. He would make quick work of the remaining skeletons since this time he was scrambling around and caught off guard.

Throwing Abyssal Ruins at the farthest one, completely dismantling it. Stephen ran to the other side and dodged a sword from the closest one. He put his foot on the trunk of a tree and jumped off towards the skeleton. He kicked it and launched it's head in from it's body. He called his keyblade back to him and blocked the next skeleton's attack. He brushed the sword to the side, did a quick spin, and swung diagonally. Two left. "Firaga!" Stephen shouted as a huge ball of fire shot from Abyssal Ruins. The skeleton's had lined up perfectly and were engulfed in the flames and turned to ash. The mist had lifted and everything was quiet again. Stephen looked around quickly, expecting another trap or ambush, but nothing.

Stephen cautiously walked over to the hole in the ground, which was much larger then it had appeared to be. "Hey, come look at this." Stephen called over to Neona. He pointed at an entry way, just tall enough for Stephen to fit into. "Think the stone is in there?" he asked, wondering if it was even a good idea to go down there.
thekyle96
thekyle96
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxFireAlchemist Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:42 am

Neona was quickly ripped from the world of "Oh Shit Worryville" when Stephen suddenly wrapped his arms around her, making her feel safe and cozy and all sorts of nervous giddiness. With the sounds of skeletons bouncing off of her fading Reflega spell it was maybe admittedly not the best time for cuddles, but, actually in Neona's world it was always the best time for cuddles because who didn't love those? She secretly enjoyed the moment until it ended and it was time to take care of the remaining skeletons. Which Stephen handled very quickly. Scarily quickly.

Neona was nothing if not impressed. They were down as quickly as they were up, destroyed by both impressive swordplay and flashy magic. She was so impressed that she even gave him a hand as he finished leaving the skeletons strewn about on the ground. She also checked him out for injuries, but it didn't seem like he had gotten too roughed up this time. Hopefully it would stay that way.....?

After the skeletons were all taken down, the tornado dispersed itself and the fog seemed to be fading completely. Neona looked around, seeing nothing out of the ordinary in the trees or in the underbrush... The only thing that seemed to be explorable here was the entrance down in the hole, but it seemed a little hazardous to get there..... was he planning on climbing?! That was silly, he would get himself hurt like that!

"That does seem like the only place to go in this area, I think it's worth a shot. I mean, I definitely don't think holes inside other holes are typically normal?" she wrote, agreeing with his observation. "It could be dangerous though, especially if we were to climb that wall. We shouldn't split up to go down, I don't think. Besides, I'm a good flashlight!" She made a chuckling motion. "Don't worry, I'll handle transportation."

With a flick of her wrist, the deck of cards reappeared in her hand. She tossed them into the air, and the deck broke apart and fluttered into the cave. As they fell, they aligned themselves into a staircase leading down to the mysterious cavern.

"Let's go!" she wrote, before maneuvering down the stairs eagerly, and towards the cavern. Upon peering into the opening she found.... more winding cavern.
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by thekyle96 Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:53 pm

Stephen followed Neona down the steps and into the cavern. It was way more expansive then he thought it would have been. Stalagmites hung from the cavern's ceiling and running water could be heard in the distance. Stephen stood close to Neona and grabbed her hand. "Just watch your step and we should be fine." The pathway was wide enough so the two of them could stand side by side as they went further in. Tiny crystals scattered all over the ground glistened from the light Neona was giving off. Further ahead there was a waterfall blocking their path. As they neared the ground became slicker. Stephen looked around for another way around. The water rushed at an incredible speed, so there was no way through. There wasn't anyway around either. How about over? Stephen looked up and thought about using a stalagmite as a bridge.

Probably too risky, not sure if that would make anything else fall. We could jump over, although it might be to slippery on the other side to land safely. Maybe the only way is down? Stephen looked down and sized the fall up. "It looks like this is the only way down. I haven't jumped from this far before, but it should be safe." Stephen loosened up and smiled at Neona. "I'll see you down there." Stephen jumped feet first into the waterfall. The rock was slick enough that his feet slid right over them as if he was surfing. As he reached the edge of the water he jumped and went into a perfect diving formation. Judging the distance he did a double front flip and returned to his formation just before hitting the water.

The water was freezing cold, but extremely clear and rather refreshing. Stephen broke the surface and looked around. There was a small platform made of rock and there was a doorway. Stephen looked at it curiously, since there probably shouldn't be a doorway down in a cave. Stephen pulled himself onto the rock and looked at the frame. It was carved into the stone and it was extremely detailed. There were skulls, boats, waves, birds, sharks, fish, and a few other miscellaneous things strewn about. Stephen looked back up at the waterfall and waited for Neona to make her way down.
thekyle96
thekyle96
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxFireAlchemist Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:33 pm

Neona gazed around in awe at the huge cavern. It was clearly formed by powerful water rushing through the soft, porous rock, carving it away until these wide-open spaces were left. When Neona held Lunar Crucifixion up to the wall, the light revealed noticeable layers in the rock, defined by the variation in color. Some were just darker/lighter versions of slate gray, but there were also layers of yellows and blues mixed in as well. Neona couldn't remember seeing such a brilliant display.

Upon closer inspection of the yellowish layers, which were closer to the roof of the cave, Neona could recognize striations in the stone from wind influence, meaning the rock was actually sandstone that had once been sand in sand dunes. That meant that the crystals must have actually been naturally formed glass from lightning strikes on the beach. Neona tapped a piece of the material in the wall and, sure enough, it shattered, confirming her suspicions. So the island had been prone to lightning strikes? Was it still.......? Hmm... she'd have to relay this all to Stephen at the next convenient time. All things considered, this layer had clearly once been the beach; there was no way they'd find any ancient treasures buried here.

Then they encountered the waterfall, and Neona was was immediately intimidated. That much water falling from that high was sure to crush a teeny twig like her in a heartbeat.... she faltered and stumbled backwards a tiny bit. She looked around, hoping to see some other way to continue... but there was none when she looked. There was only the basin of the waterfall... she clenched with fear. Stephen looked back at her as he prepared for his jump, smiling, transfixing her just long enough that she couldn't express her concerns before he jumped.

She gasped and dashed to the edge of the cliff. Where she expected to see a mess, she saw a rather graceful maneuver that put Stephen cleanly into the water below. She couldn't help but be impressed by the action, however now the pressure was on her to get herself down there with him. She looked down at him, pensive.

She took a few steps back, clenching her fists. She swallowed hard... she wasn't ready for this but.... it had to be done.

She ran a few steps and then lept of the cliff, falling like a light little leaf through the air. As soon as she splashed down, she felt the freezing temperature shoot through her body and knew right away that she fucked up. She held her breath, although it was more like her body held her breath for her because the water knocked the wind out of her.

She flailed towards the rocks in a clear panic, trying to get out of the water so she could focus on getting herself to breathe again.
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by thekyle96 Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:20 pm

Stephen watched as Neona had jumped off the cliff, and he knew her form it wasn't going to be a good landing. She splashed in the water and started flailing around, step one of drowning. Stephen dove into the water and grabbed her midsection while dodging her flailing arms. He lifter her up so she could break the surface and get some air. He swam back to the edge and lifted them both onto the rocks. "You okay?" he asked as he fixed his hair. He stood up and held his hand out to Neona to help her up. He turned his attention back on the door way and walked in.

The room was vast and very little light poured into it. In the middle of the room the was a small pedestal. Stephen walked up to it very cautiously and saw there was a blue gemstone. He knew this is what they came here for. He picked the stone up and the room had started to shake. Uh-oh. Stephen spun around and headed towards the exit as fast as he could with Neona. The room collapsed behind them as they made it back to the bottom of the waterfall.

Stephen turned to Neona and handed her a necklace he had made along with the stone. "Here try this on." He pushed the stone into the center of the fitting. It fit surprisingly well into the charm. "This should be able to let you talk again."
thekyle96
thekyle96
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxFireAlchemist Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:49 pm

She choked on water and her lack of air as she surfaced with Stephen, letting him drag her to safer, drier land where she worked to regain her breath. It came to her in wisps at first, until finally she could fully inhale and exhale again. Once she had herself settled, she nodded a response to Stephen. She didn't really have another way to communicate with him right now, as her notebook was just a tad soggy.

She took Stephen's hand and they were off to explore inside the nearby crevasse. It was dark and vast.... Neona held on to a piece of Stephen's clothes to keep from getting lost in the abyssal room. The light in the room was pretty and soft... emitted by a gemstone that equally beautiful. Neona was tense as he reached out for the stone, and for good reason it seemed.... as soon as he grabbed  the stone, the cave started to collapse. Neona felt like she had seen this somewhere before....

They made a mad dash to escape the collapsing cave, one of the rocks clipping Neona's skirt as they left, She doubled over in an attempt to catch her breath again as soon as they were at the basin of the waterfall.

Neona watched as Stephen slipped the stone into a pendant he had brought..... had he made that?? It fit the stone perfectly, how did he do that without the stone..............? Is he some kind of miracle worker...........................?

Her thoughts began to echo audibly into the air as he got the pendant close to her, startling her so much a yelp burst from the stone and she stumbled backwards, slipping around on the wet rocks.

"Whe.........." the voice from the stone was fainter with her further from it, "......Is.... that my voice?!?!" It was close to a normal vocaliation, but it had a sort of ethereal quality to it. She reached out to the necklace apprehensively, as if it were going to cause her to be possessed by a demon. She touched it and it did not, so that was good. She slipped it around her neck, deciding it looked wonderful. She looked at Stephen.

"I uhh......... hi?" she hazarded slowly.
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by thekyle96 Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:59 pm

Stephen gave a look of surprise. "Wow, it actually works. That's great." Stephen looked around for a way out, but the only way was to climb back up. "I think I'm gonna have to port us back to the surface so we can get back to the boat." He pointed his Keyblade and a small beam shot out and a swirling portal of darkness opened up. Stephen had grabbed Neona's hand and walked through. Within an instant they were back on the surface. Everything was exactly like it was before they had gone into the cavern. The island shook briefly and a weird sound Stephen couldn't identify what it was. With a violent boom, a geyser shot up and calmed the shaking. "Well, good thing we left when we did." The pool had filled back up and was steaming. "I guess we should get back to the boat."
thekyle96
thekyle96
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum