Kingdom Hearts: Destiny of Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nothing among the darkness {open to all}

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nothing among the darkness {open to all} - Page 2 Empty Re: Nothing among the darkness {open to all}

Post by FoxFireAlchemist Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:50 am

Neona's face lit up a little at Stephen's response, although naturally she was still a little oblivious to the nature of the situation. The curious warmth she began to feel in her face was proof that her subconscious was aware of it; she'd end up realizing it sooner or later.

"You mean you'll really stick around with me?" she scribbled, a happy little sparkle in her eye. One of the gut-wrenchingly endearing ones. She re-adjusted herself into a kneeling position, showing she was feeling much better; good enough to move around. She grew pensive for a moment as something crossed her mind. "...As long as it's not a burden to you... You don't have to if you have other places to be. I'd feel awful if I dragged you down 'cause I'm frail..." she quickly scribbled, then stood upright so to unkink her femoral arteries. She was worried about offending or annoying him, especially after all the kindness he showed her...

It really had been a long, long time since she had any friendly company; people usually looked at her like she was a freak or something like that when they realized she couldn't talk. Not Stephen, though. He hadn't even looked at her like she had a disability. She was starting to notice already that she rather enjoyed his company.

Neona didn't really have much of grasp on the concepts of a "normal life" or a "normal teenager" thanks to her past. She did feel something, though. Something that was kind of familiar, but at the same time not. Acceptance, perhaps...?

Ooc: AHAHAHA this ship is sailing >D /SHOT
Sorry it's been a while... again, but Imma back!!! (Also that was the best post to come back to it was just too freaking cute omfg~)

Last edited by FoxFireAlchemist on Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

Back to top Go down

Nothing among the darkness {open to all} - Page 2 Empty Re: Nothing among the darkness {open to all}

Post by thekyle96 Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:06 pm

"You wouldn't be bothering me," Stephen smiled warmly, "I'd rather enjoy your company." He looked over to his side and thought for a few seconds where he wanted to go with Neona. A faint dark light encircled Stephen's hand, and a dark portal about the size of a door appeared in front of them. Inside the portal showed the image of a white sanded beach. It was around noon, but no one really came to this island. the waves gently crept up the beach and then rolled back into the ocean. A little ways down the sandbar there was a little dinner. The sky had a few lazy clouds rolling by. Trees swaying calmly with the breeze. It was perfect. Stephen smirked and looked at Neona, "You first."

Ooc: Neophen XD
It's not a crime to be busy Fox.
thekyle96
thekyle96
Admin

https://khddrp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxFireAlchemist Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:05 pm

Neona returned Stephen's smile and stepped up to his side, feeling much more comfortable and even slightly more confident. She couldn't write on the ground, but Neona was well-prepared for these kinds of situations as well. She slipped the chalk back into her pocket and removed a small notebook and pen as Stephen opened the portal. She probably should have kept a stronger grip on that notebook though, because what she WASN'T prepared for was their destination.

The pen and the notebook slipped out of her hand and clattered to the ground as Neona stared into the portal. Out of all the places she had traveled, the one place she had never ever been was the ocean. She took a few tentative steps through the portal and into the warm sunshine, forgetting the poor notebook and pen in her all-consuming awe. She had pretty much given up on visiting any ocean whatsoever at that point, yet now here she was.....

A first glimmer of excitement appeared in her eyes as the initial shock began to wear off.

Ooc: Just yes. Juuuust yes. |D

Last edited by FoxFireAlchemist on Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by thekyle96 Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:04 pm

Stephen smiled and picked up the notebook and quickly entered the portal before he closed it. He tapped Neona on the shoulder and handed her the notepad. "If you're hungry there's a dinner we can go to for some food." Stephen pointed in the direction of where it was. A small construct made to look like it was a sand castle stood off in the distance, the sign on the front read, "uncle Jack's sea shack". Stephen walked slowly forward and looked around the island. He hadn't been home in almost a year. Remembering why he left made him lose his smile. He looked back to Neona and saw how happy she was returned the smile.
thekyle96
thekyle96
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxFireAlchemist Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:52 pm

Neona just couldn't absorb it all fast enough. The warm breeze against her face, the beautiful water, the sand... It was all just too good to be true! Neona felt like she had jumped into one of the colorful images from her books; the images she often studied while sitting alone in her moonbeam at the orphanage.

She suddenly became aware of a certain light pressure on her shoulder. Neona turned around and absent-mindedly accepted her notebook before suddenly glomping Steven gleefully. She actually had a surprisingly strong grip when she chose to display it. If Neona had been capable of squealing in joy, she most definitely would have been.
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by thekyle96 Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:10 pm

Stephen stumbled a bit, not expecting the tackle hug. He smiled and laughed, not realizing how tight she was hugging him. The tide was getting pretty high and something seemed a little off. The tide's usually not this high. Must be a storm or something. Stephen thought to himself, still keeping the foreboding feeling that tugged at his mind. "Want to sit down for a bit and the get food?" Stephen shared a warm smile with Neona. A gust of wind whipped by, flinging Stephen's hood over his shoulder and blowing his hair around.
thekyle96
thekyle96
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxFireAlchemist Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:52 pm

Neona released her grip, feeling a little awkward thanks to reacting out of instinct but at the same time happy that she did it. She had been feeling that Stephen just kinda needed a hug. Just a weird instinct, really. She daintily regained her posture and nodded her head with a big grin, oblivious (yet again) to the foreboding atmosphere. She really, really had a knack for being oblivious.

Last edited by FoxFireAlchemist on Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:47 am; edited 1 time in total
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by thekyle96 Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:24 pm

"We know where your friend is." A voice spoke from behind Stephen. Before he could react he felt a sharp pain in his back and he was sent across the beach and into the water. He could feel something dragging him down and out farther into the ocean. Summoning his Keyblade He cast Aerora to shoot himself out of the undertow and back to the surface. The hooded figure stood on the water and laughed, "as if you could even get there alive. You're an arrogant fool and you're weak, just like your friend. Castle Oblivion, now I leave you with that. Until we fight again." The figure was gone, and Stephen was pretty far out. He began swimming back to the island, with blurry vision he could hardly see Neona. Stephen dragged himself on shore and could feel the cool breeze. "That could have gone better." Stephen tried keeping a light hearted feel in his voice.
thekyle96
thekyle96
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxFireAlchemist Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:08 pm

Neona blinked, and then instantly wished she hadn't. The moment her eyes opened, she saw her new companion flying across the sand; straight into the water. Neona's mouth hung agape; she was paralyzed with shock only for a moment before she turned in both fury and horror to face the monster who had done such a thing to a kind person like Stephen. She only caught a glimpse of the perpetrator, however, before it disappeared completely. She blinked again, not believing her senses.

Neona then quickly rushed to the water's edge to help poor soaked Stephen. Her eyes were screaming, "Are you ALRIGHT?!?" as her lips were unable to. She looked at his attempt at being upbeat and his brave face with a pained expression as her worry leaked through and left a stain on her face.
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by thekyle96 Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:03 pm

Stephen stood up and casted Aerora to dry himself off. "Sorry about that. There's a conflict going on with my friend and I think who ever that was has something to do with it." Stephen apologized. "My friend went missing a while back and I've been trying to find him," he started to explain, "and all of these nobodies have been trying to stop me. He was the only one who got close to succeeding." Stephen drew a breath and looked into Neona's eyes. He could tell she was scared, or bewildered at what just happened. Stephen hugged her tight and said, "how about we do this date some other time?"
thekyle96
thekyle96
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxFireAlchemist Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:43 pm

Neona could only nod her head against Steven's shoulder in agreement. Weakly, she raised her arms to return Steven's embrace; she was feeling defeated by all the negative things that happened and how quickly they had happened. As this deflating feeling bore down on her both physically and mentally, however, she had a thought.

"At least nobody died this time..." Neona reminded herself. "...Wait, what do I mean by 'this time'?" She was confused only momentarily before her one-track-mindedness kicked in again. She gently broke away from the hug and grabbed her pen and notebook. To her dismay, she found that she had filled the last blank page while conversing earlier. However, a short moment of hunting later she produced a page with a variety of phrases already printed on it.

"How much for the tea?"
"Yes, I think I will~"
"My, this is awkward..."
"I can't seem to find the nearest shop; could you possibly point me towards it?"
"What was that all about?!"
"Are you SURE you're okay though?!?"
"I'm not sure what you mean by 'retarded'; I don't really find being mute to be a handicap~ ^^"
"Oh, that is my keychain!! Thank you so much, I never would have noticed!!!"
"Yes, it's a hobby of mine~ I've loved keychains for a long time"

There were other entries, but they got hidden behind Neona's hand as she pointed to the phrase, "Are you SURE you're okay though?!?"

Last edited by FoxFireAlchemist on Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by thekyle96 Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:04 pm

Stephen smiled at Neona while she fumbled through her notebook. When she turned the book to Stephen he saw a few lines, but he focused on the one she was pointing to, "Are you SURE you're okay though?!?" Stephen nodded and smiled, "Trust me, I've had worse." He kept his voice cool and calm, despite the twinge of pain he felt on his lower back. He looked at Neona for a few more seconds, then raised his hand to open a rift. "Until next time." He said a little unsure whether or not he would get to see anyone again. He turned to face the portal and walked towards it. One last time he glanced over his shoulder to get a last look at Neona. He gave her a genuine smile and then stepped through the portal, vanishing instantly.
thekyle96
thekyle96
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2